On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:21:44PM +0200, Danny ter Haar wrote: > In article you write: > > I'm still seeing a problem with my primary IDE channel locking up for > >10-15s at a time, an event I can trigger by running updatedb (i.e. the > >database update for 'locate'). > > > > I have similar problems. > I "cured" it with dis-abling "IO-APIC" > > Could you recompile a kernel without the io-apic option ? > > local-apic on UP is ok, only disable io-apic. Aha, a reply about this at last. I forgot to put my config in on the original post, was going to follow up with it when I saw the post come up. Anyway, yes, I have: # CONFIG_SMP is not set CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC=y CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y currently, I'll go try with all but CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC set to n then. thanks, -Ath P.S. Full 'current' kernel config attached -- - Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/ Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key "And it's me who is my enemy. Me who beats me up. Me who makes the monsters. Me who strips my confidence." Paula Cole - ME