From: Chuck Ebbert <76306.1226@compuserve.com>
To: William Lee Irwin III <wli@holomorphy.com>
Cc: linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] desc.c -- dump the i386 descriptor tables
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 05:06:58 -0400	[thread overview]

wli wrote:

> Spiffy; this should help debug various things.

  I forgot to mention: try comparing 2.2, 2.4 and 2.5.

  Also, this is what I've been using to look at interrupt entry
point alignment.  On 2.4 for sure, and probably on 2.5 you have
a 1-in-8 chance of getting a pathologically badly aligned timer
handler on 32-byte cacheline machines every time you compile
(IRQ 0 entry address & 0x1f == 0x1c.)  OTOH the pagefault handler
has come up 8-byte aligned every time but I didn't look at the
source to see if it's coded that way.

------
 Chuck