* context switch code question
@ 2003-04-17 21:19 Robert Schweikert
From: Robert Schweikert @ 2003-04-17 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Robert Schweikert

Can someone please point me to the context switching code. I am
interested in the context switch structure and the values that are
saved. I am chasing a weird problem with some numerical code that uses
mmx instructions to get flush to zero to work. Specifically I am calling
the

_MM_SET_FLUSH_TO_ZERO_MODE

macro which in turn ends up calling _mm_setcsr(), wherever that might be
implemented.

What I am trying to figure out is a.) is this register value properly
set/reset during context switch and b.) is this particular register
properly transfered when the process gets moved to another CPU.

I assume that this is a configurable option in the kernel since PII and
Pentium do not have this instruction, and thus it could just be that my
kernel is not configured correctly.

I tried to find this type of info without posting but failed.

Thanks,
Robert
--
Robert Schweikert <Robert.Schweikert@abaqus.com>