On Wednesday 23 April 2003 21:51, Marcelo Tosatti wrote: Hi Marcelo, > I'm sorry for not having looked into it, Marc. My inbox is not a very > easily manageable thing. > > Search the archives. I won't post it again and again and again and again > > ^again^10. > I will look into the archives. Thank you. Don't waste your time with searching archives ;) Take the attached ones. Explaination: 01. export 'proc_get_inode' symbol b/c it's unresolved in drivers/net/wan/comx.o Patch by: Andrea Arcangeli 02. export 'panic_notifier_list, panic_timeout' b/c it's unresolved in ipmi_msghandler.o and ipmi_watchdog.o Patch by: me 03. If a process cannot exit because it's stuck in eg. a driver, it doesn't make sense to have the OOM killer kill it repeatedly; that could lead to a hung system. Instead, kill another process if the first process we tried to kill hasn't made any move to exit within 5 seconds. This way we have a much better chance of recovering the system. Patch by: Rik van Riel I can ack that this fixes the silly behaviour of the oom killer if the patch is _not_ applied. _With_ the patch, it works great. -- ciao, Marc