* ChangeLog suggestion
@ 2003-04-26  6:21 Zack Brown
From: Zack Brown @ 2003-04-26  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Linus, Marcelo,

In each changelog entry, it would be really useful to include the
Message-ID of that email in a regex-parsable location. This way, if the
email was cced to lkml it would be possible for folks to track down the
actual patch.

I'm not familiar with your scripts, but I'd be surprised if this were very
difficult to implement. At the same time, there are many cases of changelog
entries that read only 'USB' or something equally unhelpful, where there is
little chance that anyone could track down the corresponding patch.  Having the
Message-ID in those cases would make all the difference in the world.

Be well,
Zack

--
Zack Brown

* Re: ChangeLog suggestion
@ 2003-04-26 20:08 b_adlakha
From: b_adlakha @ 2003-04-26 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Saturday 26 April 2003 23:59, Jörn Engel wrote:
> On Sat, 26 April 2003 11:06:33 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > Personally, I want to have some address that I can reach the author at,
> > and if that means that spammers can pick it up too (open source means
> > that everybody has the same stuff _I_ have) I guess people who want to
> > talk to me need to live with spam filters or send patches to me from
> > special accounts.
>
> It's not that bad. Since I started posting to lkml, my daily spam
> dosis has risen from one to three, roughly. Annoying, but not a big
> problem, even without filters.
>
> Jörn

All the spam comes because of the archives of this mailing list stored as
HTML
in thousands of places. The web-spider programs used by the spammers are
sure
to find atleast one.
My inbox is full of stuff like "Strictly Confidental" and "your solution to
never ending spam"