Alright, I'm done with everything except fdecomp_push() and fcomp_push(). For the decompression function fdecomp_push(), it fully supports the fcomp-standard streams (the ones I outlined originally), so the fcomp-extended stuff has to be supported (simple enough modification. I'm lazy). A very large portion (most of it) of fcomp_push() needs to be coded; the entire compression phase is uncoded. The logic is in that function, in comments. Someone has to read it, look at the format, and write it. After those two things, this can finally be shoved into a userspace program and rewritten for the kernel, and also can be preoptimized (i.e. don't resize the stream so many times in decompression when it's just copying data). tar.bz2 attatched. Please please PLEASE make a userspace program for this as well so that we can get a general idea about compression ratio. No better way than using it on files. --Bluefox Icy