* BUG: 2.5.68 uhci: host controlled halted and then kills the kernel
@ 2003-04-25 21:14 Ricardo Galli
From: Ricardo Galli @ 2003-04-25 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Sorry, again me :-(

Playing aroung with the mouse, I've got the following error:

usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c: 8800: host controller halted. very bad
                                                           ^^^^^^^^
hub 1-0:0: debounce: port 1: delay 100ms stable 4 status 0x301

The USB didn't wok anymore, then I stopped hotplug and the system died
just after the message "Stopping hotplug subsystem" appeared in the
konsole.

It's the same Dell Latitude X200.

BTW, the usb mouse doesn't work with ohci, altough the modules are loaded.

Also, the previously reported "psmouse.c: Lost synchronization" errors
disappear by using /dev/input/mouse[01] instead of /dev/psaux and
/dev/input/mice.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34

* Re: BUG: 2.5.68 uhci: host controlled halted and then kills the kernel
@ 2003-04-27  4:35 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2003-04-27  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Galli; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:14:13PM +0200, Ricardo Galli wrote:
> Sorry, again me :-(
>
> Playing aroung with the mouse, I've got the following error:
>
> usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
> drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c: 8800: host controller halted. very bad
>                                                            ^^^^^^^^

Do you get this error when running 2.4.21-rc1 when using the uhci.o
driver?

> hub 1-0:0: debounce: port 1: delay 100ms stable 4 status 0x301
>

> The USB didn't wok anymore, then I stopped hotplug and the system died
> just after the message "Stopping hotplug subsystem" appeared in the
> konsole.

That's because there's a nasty bug you hit when unloading the usb host
controller driver.

> It's the same Dell Latitude X200.
>
> BTW, the usb mouse doesn't work with ohci, altough the modules are loaded.

That's because you probably do not have the ohci hardware :)

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: BUG: 2.5.68 uhci: host controlled halted and then kills the kernel
@ 2003-04-28 18:49   ` Max Krasnyansky
From: Max Krasnyansky @ 2003-04-28 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH, Ricardo Galli; +Cc: linux-kernel

At 09:35 PM 4/26/2003, Greg KH wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:14:13PM +0200, Ricardo Galli wrote:
>> Sorry, again me :-(
>>
>> Playing aroung with the mouse, I've got the following error:
>>
>> usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
>> drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c: 8800: host controller halted. very bad
>>                                                            ^^^^^^^^
>
>Do you get this error when running 2.4.21-rc1 when using the uhci.o
>driver?
btw I get that error too with Bluetooth device on my Compaq laptop.
2.4.21-rc1 works fine.

>> hub 1-0:0: debounce: port 1: delay 100ms stable 4 status 0x301
>>

>> The USB didn't wok anymore, then I stopped hotplug and the system died
>> just after the message "Stopping hotplug subsystem" appeared in the
>> konsole.
>
>That's because there's a nasty bug you hit when unloading the usb host
>controller driver.
So you guys know about it. I was going sent a note on usb list.
'modprobe -r uhci-hcd' totally kills the machine.

Max