From: Matthew Harrell <lists-sender-14a37a@bittwiddlers.com>
To: Kernel List <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [FIXED 2.5.69] Re: [2.5.67 - 2.5.68] Hangs on pcmcia yenta_socket initialisation
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 08:34:44 -0400	[thread overview]

: It was the fact that when I booted my system with my 3com cardbus NIC inserted
: in the slot it would oops, giving me a non-working pcmcia/cardbus system.
:
: Booting without the card worked fine, and inserting the card afterwards also
: worked great.
:
: thread is here:
:
: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105107713129722&w=2

Oh, mine's different.  Total lockup with no messages.  Starts a few seconds
after the yenta module is loaded.  I think it occurs during the yenta probe
but I haven't been able to prove that yet.

: Ah. I don't use ACPI, because well... it caused me more pain than it helped me
: in the past, in both OS' on my system (being Linux and win2k)

Yeah, it's a pain but this laptop no longer has APM so I need some way to read
my batteries and soft power the system off.  But, if it weren't for the
batteries I wouldn't bother because it is a real pain to deal with

--
  Matthew Harrell                          I love defenseless animals,
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.                       especially in a good gravy.