On Fri, 09 May 2003 14:27:22 EDT, "Richard B. Johnson" said: > powered OFF. Microsoft installed Magic Lantern software within > the kernel and within all software updates, (service Pack 2 of > Win/2000/Prof as part of their deal with the Justice Department > when our attention was diverted after 9/11. This allows any > "Duly Authorized...." person to extract the contents of anything, > any time it's on the network. Magic Lantern is the hook for > "Carnivore" (and others) that uses bits in the same packet area > as the ECN bits to tell the M$ kernel not to forward the attached > packet on to mail, but to use it as a command for an internal spy > engine that sends information back using the same methods. Since Umm.. I'm well known as being both a Microsoft and US Govt basher myself, but... Is this tinfoil-helmet time, or do you have any evidence to back this up?