* Question: sk_buff and destructor
@ 2003-06-05 16:24 Arun Dharankar
From: Arun Dharankar @ 2003-06-05 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Greetings!

One ethernet driver I am working with, allocates sk_buff using
dev_alloc_skb to send the received data to network layers above.
It also sets the sk_buff->dev field to its own net_device.

If the driver also sets the sk_buff->destructor to be one its
functions: can the sk_buff->dev be guaranteed to be the same
as when the destructor is called? I could not find any driver
making use of this struct member.

I am attempting to detect an sk_buff leak, almost likely in
the driver. Is there any other pointers/ideas I might be able to
use to debug this leak? I am using Linux 2.4.20.

Best regards,
-Arun.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-05 16:11 UTC | newest]