Hello! On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 03:56:16PM +0400, Ivan Kokshaysky wrote: > > When I compile the kernel the alpha itself (tried shipped suse 8.1 gcc 3.2.2 > > and self-compiled gcc 2.95.3), it jumps to the address zero quickly after > > launching init and panics. > Most likely it's binutils problem. Versions 2.13.90.0.18 and newer > should be OK, as discussed recently on l-k. I have : $ alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu-size -V GNU size 2.14 20030612 Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License. This program has absolutely no warranty. Also I tried to compare assembly output of native vs crosscompiler and have found the result to be different substantionally (unfortunatelly I cannot understand alpha assembly, but I see the code looks different in the beginning. Also assembly file generated by cross-gcc produces wrong result after translated/linked using native binutils). I assume that binutils are not involved in "gcc -S" process. See attached assembly generated by cross compiler vs native compiler. Bye, Oleg