On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 02:37:14AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote: > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.5/2.5.74/2.5.74-mm1/ > . Mainly a resync with various things and people. Plus a few fixlets. > . I dropped out a few patches which weren't really proving useful. > . Included Con's CPU scheduler changes. Feedback on the effectiveness of > this and the usual benchmarks would be interesting. > Changes to the CPU scheduler tend to cause surprising and subtle problems > in areas where you least expect it, and these do take a long time to > materialise. Alterations in there need to be made carefully and cautiously. > We shall see... Here's a resync of highpmd, the big PAE resource scalability patch that saves 12KB per process of lowmem. It adds pmd accessors analogous to pte_offset_map() etc., i.e. pmd_offset_map(), pmd_unmap(), etc. -- wli