* generate-modprobe question and USB fatal error during INIT:
@ 2003-07-11 18:10 Ronald Jerome
From: Ronald Jerome @ 2003-07-11 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I unsubribed "imunity@softhome.net"  and subscribed
with this address.  Softhome did not give me enough
space.

Anyhow I think I know what the problem is?  Its with
the modprobe.conf.

I updated both my mkinitrd and mod-utils with the aid
of Paul Nasrat.  I dunno if you know who he is.

Anyhow when I run "generate-modprobe.conf >
/etc/modprobe.conf

I see that the the sections for "usb-uhci" "mousedev"
and "keybdev".   Those are incorrect.  They should be
"uhci-hcd", "usbmouse" and "usbkbd".  Once I changed
the "usb-uhci" to "uhci-hcd"  at least the usb
installed ok but those changes I made for the mouse
and keyboard still does not work.

Is there something screwed up somewhere else?

If I rerun  "generate-modprobe.conf >
/etc/modprobe.conf

Everything defaults back to "usb-uhci", "mousedev" and
keybdev"?

WHy I am not sure.

Is there a fix for this to get the modprobe.conf to
correlate to the new kernel modules?

http://sbc.yahoo.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-11 17:57 UTC | newest]