* HTree, Orlov for ext3 with 2.4.21
@ 2003-07-11  7:00 Oliver Martin
From: Oliver Martin @ 2003-07-11  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,
I want to use kernel 2.4.21 with the HTree and Orlov patches applied
with an ext3 filesystem. Where can I get the newest versions thereof
(for my desired kernel)? I've found
http://thunk.org/tytso/linux/extfs-2.4-update/ and there is a 2.4.21
version and I found both the strings Orlov and HTree in it, but I don't
know if it's really the patch I want, if it's for ext3 and if it's the
newest version. I've also read of a HTree NFS patch, where can I get it?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

* Re: HTree, Orlov for ext3 with 2.4.21
@ 2003-07-13 17:28 ` Daniel Phillips
From: Daniel Phillips @ 2003-07-13 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Martin, linux-kernel

On Friday 11 July 2003 09:00, Oliver Martin wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to use kernel 2.4.21 with the HTree and Orlov patches applied
> with an ext3 filesystem. Where can I get the newest versions thereof
> (for my desired kernel)? I've found
> http://thunk.org/tytso/linux/extfs-2.4-update/ and there is a 2.4.21
> version and I found both the strings Orlov and HTree in it, but I don't
> know if it's really the patch I want, if it's for ext3 and if it's the
> newest version. I've also read of a HTree NFS patch, where can I get it?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do the 2.4 backport before 2.6 opens.
There hasn't been much drift in that corner of the kernel, so it won't be a
lot of work when the time comes.

Regards,

Daniel