* Patch balancing
@ 2003-07-14  8:14 Frederick, Fabian
From: Frederick, Fabian @ 2003-07-14  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
	A simple question about patching : if I release a patch again vfs
for instance.Do I send it against 2.4 branch or 2.5 ?
Let's say it's get applied against 2.4 , when is it applied against 2.5 ?

PS: When we come to 2.6pre, does 2.4 branch continues or is it 2.5 sequel
only ?

Regards,
Fabian

* Re: Patch balancing
@ 2003-07-14 18:19 ` Adrian Bunk
From: Adrian Bunk @ 2003-07-14 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederick, Fabian; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:14:38AM +0200, Frederick, Fabian wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Fabian,

> 	A simple question about patching : if I release a patch again vfs
> for instance.Do I send it against 2.4 branch or 2.5 ?
> Let's say it's get applied against 2.4 , when is it applied against 2.5 ?

You should send patches for both branches, if you don't send them at the
same time send the 2.6 patch first.

> PS: When we come to 2.6pre, does 2.4 branch continues or is it 2.5 sequel
> only ?

The 2,4 branch will continue several years in bugfis-only mode similar
to the 2.2 branch that is still alive.

> Regards,
> Fabian

cu