From: Jose Luis Domingo Lopez <linux-kernel@24x7linux.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: requirements for installing a 2.6.0-test kernel....
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:32:19 +0200	[thread overview]

On Monday, 14 July 2003, at 18:37:49 +0200,
Antonio Vargas wrote:

> Mark, I'm also interested on this, and also willing to install
> a recent distro on purpose. Would you mind if we shared install experiences?

I have been doing some real (workstation-class) work with Debian Sid and
2.5.x kernels with great success for a while now. The only problem I had
so far was starting at 2.5.74, when DM/LVM2 ioctl version changed, and
my current Sid device mapper tools are not still up to date (and
compilation of LVM2.0.0 from sources fails).

Hope this helps.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.5.73)