On 2003-07-15T22:32:11, "Dimitry V. Ketov" said: > > You can already use Device-Mapper to create "partitions" on > > your loop devices, > You're right but I want _partitions_ but not "partitions" ;) > It should appears like a real hardware disk, not virtual one. There is no difference. What makes /dev/loop1a worse than /dev/hda1? It's just block devices, that's it. I have hopes that the entire partitioning code etc will be ripped out in 2.7 in favour of full userspace discovery + DM, and that MD will hit the same fate... Sincerely, Lars Marowsky-Brée -- SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG "If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)." -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy -- Louis Pasteur