From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
Subject: LVM2 user space, device mapper, Linux 2.4/2.6 dual boot no-go.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:53:21 +0200	[thread overview]

Ok,

here's the situation:

I want to test drive 2.6, have 2.4.22-pre3-ac1 with LVM1, Device Mapper
and XFS. I tried LVM2 user space on 2.4.22, it complained about ioctl
mismatch (wants 4.x.y, gets 1.m.n). Do I need to disable LVM1?

On 2.6, lvm lvmdiskscan works, but lvm vgscan stuffs my screen with
"modprobe junk.", so I reverted to 2.4-with-LVM1-user-space for now.

Has anyone had success with running the same user-space LVM2 stuff on
2.4 and 2.6? Which versions of device-mapper and LVM2 do you use for
that purpose? What are the magic switches in Linux-2.4.22-preX-acY?

Help appreciated.

--
Matthias Andree