On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:03:35 EDT, "Kristofer T. Karas" said: > FWIW, this also affects PPP over an async serial line (in my case to a > 56Kb modem). During cdparanoia runs, the modem Tx/Rx lights all but > stop as the missed packets drop retransmissions into the minute+ > timeframe. (Oddly, I don't recall seeing framing errors from ifconfig; > must be the lower level ppp substrate or some such...) I remember seeing this in the 2.5.6mumble kernel as well, it got fixed by something around 2.5.70 or so. I wish I could give a more specific release number for it.