From: jw schultz <jw@pegasys.ws>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [OT] Is there any german linux kernel?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:49:52 -0700	[thread overview]

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:43:31PM +0200, Gueven Bay wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  Excuse me for this off-topic but I am on the search for a translated kernel
> source tree (at least the Documentation tree) into German.
>
>  Can you give me an(some) address(es)? (I already googled for it but found
> nothing.)

You could try guevenbay@tharidium.de but i don't recommend
anyone else doing so.

Documentation in languages other than English is dependant
on someone stepping forward and not only translating but also
committing to update the translation with every update of
the original.  Failure to keep the translation up-to-date is
worse than no translation.  I suppose you could ask SuSE but
they discourage even doing your own kernel build so i can't
see them dedicating the resources.

	email address:		jw@pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt