* Kernel oops with 2.5.74 2.5.75
@ 2003-07-14 14:01 Mike Martin
From: Mike Martin @ 2003-07-14 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I am getting a kernel oops with both these kernels as soon as it the
kernel loads the ide drivers (hd*)

I am using ALI1542 chipset, K6/2 500 cpu
I have tried progressively disabling various ide options (cramfs,
acls tcq etc) to no effect

I run ext3 compiled in

This is on a base of RH9 with updated modutils from rawhide.

The kernel apparrently compiles fine (no errors)

Anyone any ideas what could be the cause of this (2.5.66 worked on
this machine and runs 2.4.21 fine)

If its not a simple fix I will bugzilla it

* Re: Kernel oops with 2.5.74 2.5.75
@ 2003-07-16  1:10 Mike Martin
From: Mike Martin @ 2003-07-16  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

 --- Mike Martin <redtuxxx@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >  --- Bartlomiej
Zolnierkiewicz <B.Zolnierkiewicz@elka.pw.edu.pl>
> wrote: >
> > Please send dmesg with oops
> > (make sure you have CONFIG_KALLSYMS enabled).
> >

> just updated to 2.6-test1 with the same result
> I attach the output on the screen (written down and copied, so may
> be
> errors)
>
> this occurs after loading ide1
> > --
> > Bartlomiej
> >
> > On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, [iso-8859-1] Mike Martin wrote:
> >
> > > I am getting a kernel oops with both these kernels as soon as
> it
> > the
> > > kernel loads the ide drivers (hd*)
> > >
> > > I am using ALI1542 chipset, K6/2 500 cpu
> > > I have tried progressively disabling various ide options
> (cramfs,
> > > acls tcq etc) to no effect
> > >
> > > I run ext3 compiled in
> > >
> > > This is on a base of RH9 with updated modutils from rawhide.
> > >
> > > The kernel apparrently compiles fine (no errors)
> > >
> > > Anyone any ideas what could be the cause of this (2.5.66 worked
> > on
> > > this machine and runs 2.4.21 fine)
> > >
> > > If its not a simple fix I will bugzilla it

now bugzilla'd as 938