From: Rory Browne <robro@compsoc.nuigalway.ie>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: BK Licence: Protocols and Research
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:05:05 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi

I don't mean to start/restart/prolong a flame war about Bitkepper, but,
I have a few things I'd like to have clarified.

Would the conduction of research(and publication of results of same) on
the bitkeeper formats/protocols, preclude users from using the Free version
of Bitkeeper, for the research project?

Would the carrying out of such research using the free version of
Bitkeeper, prevent them from developing a product which contains
substantially similar capabilities of the BitKeeper Software in the
Future, assuming that all copies of Bitkeeper were destroyed before the
development started?

Would previous activity in the area of developing a product which
contains substantially similary features to Bitkeeper preclude users from
using the Free Bitkeeper software?

I apologise if you consider that this post would be better placed on a
different mailing list, but I felt I could get the most fulfilling
unbiased, and educational feedback here.

Regards

Rory