* cciss updates for 2.4.22-pre6
@ 2003-07-17 20:43 Miller, Mike (OS Dev)
From: Miller, Mike (OS Dev) @ 2003-07-17 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: axboe, marcelo; +Cc: alan, linux-kernel, Harris, Fred

Here's another round of patches for the HP cciss driver in the attached tarball. These patches are intended for inclusion in the 2.4.22 kernel. This tarball contains 3 patches that should be applied in this order:
	1. cciss_2447_author_change.patch
	2. cciss_2447_shirq_fix2.patch
	3. cciss_2447_lock_fix.patch
The first patch is a requirement from our legal types & management, the other 2 are bug fixes.
Full comments & desciptions are in the patch files.

There will be more patches in the next few days. They will include:
	1. Failover support for multipath environments.
	2. devfs support.
	3. Support for more than 8 controllers.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
mikem

[-- Attachment #2: cciss_updates_for_lx2422-pre6.tar.gz --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 1954 bytes --]

* Re: cciss updates for 2.4.22-pre6
@ 2003-07-18  6:53 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2003-07-18  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miller, Mike (OS Dev); +Cc: marcelo, alan, linux-kernel, Harris, Fred

On Thu, Jul 17 2003, Miller, Mike (OS Dev) wrote:
> Here's another round of patches for the HP cciss driver in the attached tarball. These patches are intended for inclusion in the 2.4.22 kernel. This tarball contains 3 patches that should be applied in this order:
> 	1. cciss_2447_author_change.patch
> 	2. cciss_2447_shirq_fix2.patch
> 	3. cciss_2447_lock_fix.patch
> The first patch is a requirement from our legal types & management, the other 2 are bug fixes.
> Full comments & desciptions are in the patch files.
>
> There will be more patches in the next few days. They will include:
> 	1. Failover support for multipath environments.
> 	2. devfs support.
> 	3. Support for more than 8 controllers.
>
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

The shirq patch looks a bit suspect, don't you need at least a barrier
there? Also I'm curious what the problems are wrt the lock_fix?

--
Jens Axboe