On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:02:32 PDT, Larry McVoy said: > Let's try and simplify this because having a legal discussion is pointless. > Our position is that we gave something out for free with an understanding > that you wouldn't reverse engineer it. Regardless of your legal rights or > lack thereof, should you attempt to reverse engineer BK we'll simply stop > giving BK out for free. See? Simple. You know guys, Larry would spend a lot less time having to make threats like this if people didn't start off by saying "Let's see how we can get a free Bitkeeper". I've seen *LOTS* of philosophical posturing and arguing about whether it's moral to rip Larry's software off, and what countries make it legal to do so. I've only seen *ONE* person (who's name I've forgotten but who needs to be praised) suggest finding some *FUNDING* for Larry so he doesn't worry about his revenue stream getting hosed. So Larry - *IF* funding was there, would you consider a business model similar to Hans Reiser's?