* Fwd: [linuxdc-dev] Problem trying to build 2.6.0-test1
@ 2003-07-20 14:00 Adrian McMenamin
From: Adrian McMenamin @ 2003-07-20 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

This is a message I posted to the Dreamcast linux development list. It appears
to be a problem with the cross assembler (target is SH4, host is ia32) I am
using but before I put it down to that, I wonder if anybody else has seen
this and can offer a comment?

It is certainly not a configuration problem as the SH4 maintainer has built
this kernel for the Dreamcast (he's probably the only one apart from me to
have even tried :() and when I used his .config it failed in just the same
way.

Thanks

Adrian

Subject: [linuxdc-dev] Problem trying to build 2.6.0-test1
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:25:33 +0100
From: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk>
To: linuxdc-dev@lists.sourceforge.net

Getting this - is this a configuration problem? (Though it seems to occur
whether initrd support is on or off). I'm just using the gcc 3.0.4 I use to
build 2.4 series kernels with.

echo "  .section .init.ramfs,\"a\"" > usr/initramfs_data.S
echo ".incbin \"usr/initramfs_data.cpio.gz\"" >> usr/initramfs_data.S
  AS      usr/initramfs_data.o
usr/initramfs_data.S: Assembler messages:
usr/initramfs_data.S:2: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.incbin'
make[2]: *** [usr/initramfs_data.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [usr] Error 2
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 2