* Re: Problems contacting Linus
@ 2003-07-21  7:44 John Bradford
From: John Bradford @ 2003-07-21  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, pavel

> Some of my mails to Linus return with:
>
> This is the Internet on Line ESMTP server program at host
> smtp-out1.iol.cz.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
> below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

> delete your own text from the message returned below.
>
>                         The Internet on Line ESMTP server program
>
> <torvalds@osdl.com>: host mail.goweb.com[211.174.63.240] said: 550 5.7.1
>     <torvalds@osdl.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. (in
>     reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> Anyone else seen that? What is the problem?

The problem is reproducable with:

http://vger.kernel.org/mxverify.html

John.

* Re: Problems contacting Linus
@ 2003-07-21  8:03 ` Henrik Storner
From: Henrik Storner @ 2003-07-21  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

In <200307210744.h6L7iUDW000468@81-2-122-30.bradfords.org.uk> John Bradford <john@grabjohn.com> writes:

>> Some of my mails to Linus return with:
>> <torvalds@osdl.com>: host mail.goweb.com[211.174.63.240] said: 550 5.7.1
>>     <torvalds@osdl.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication
>> required.

Try using "osdl.ORG" instead of "osdl.COM"

Henrik
--
Henrik Storner <henrik@hswn.dk>

* Re: Problems contacting Linus
@ 2003-07-21  9:26 John Bradford
From: John Bradford @ 2003-07-21  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henrik-kernel, linux-kernel

> >> Some of my mails to Linus return with:
> >> <torvalds@osdl.com>: host mail.goweb.com[211.174.63.240] said: 550 5.7.1
> >>     <torvalds@osdl.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication
> >> required.
>
> Try using "osdl.ORG" instead of "osdl.COM"

I am, I'm not having any problems at all - the original poster had the
wrong address.

John.

* Re: Problems contacting Linus
@ 2003-07-20 23:16 ` Olaf Dietsche
From: Olaf Dietsche @ 2003-07-20 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: kernel list

Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> writes:

> <torvalds@osdl.com>: host mail.goweb.com[211.174.63.240] said: 550 5.7.1
>     <torvalds@osdl.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. (in
>     reply to RCPT TO command)

osdl.com != osdl.org

Regards, Olaf.

* Re: Problems contacting Linus
@ 2003-07-20 23:02 ` Davide Libenzi
From: Davide Libenzi @ 2003-07-20 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: kernel list

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Some of my mails to Linus return with:
>
> This is the Internet on Line ESMTP server program at host
> smtp-out1.iol.cz.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
> below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

> delete your own text from the message returned below.
>
>                         The Internet on Line ESMTP server program
>
> <torvalds@osdl.com>: host mail.goweb.com[211.174.63.240] said: 550 5.7.1
>     <torvalds@osdl.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. (in
>     reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> Anyone else seen that? What is the problem?

torvalds@osdl.org

- Davide

* Problems contacting Linus
@ 2003-07-20 22:58 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-07-20 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel list

Hi!

Some of my mails to Linus return with:

This is the Internet on Line ESMTP server program at host
smtp-out1.iol.cz.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

delete your own text from the message returned below.

                        The Internet on Line ESMTP server program

<torvalds@osdl.com>: host mail.goweb.com[211.174.63.240] said: 550 5.7.1
    <torvalds@osdl.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. (in
    reply to RCPT TO command)

Anyone else seen that? What is the problem?
								Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]