From: reg@dwf.com
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: 2.4.21, 2.6.0-test1 dont see disk controller.
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:20:55 -0600	[thread overview]

I have one disk (containing the root partition) on the disk controller
on the motherboard, and a second disk on its own PCI (IDE) controller
  [ Promise Tech Chp, ATA 133 ]

Under 2.4.19 and 2.4.20 everything worked as soon as I plugged in the
card to the motherboard.

With either 2.4.21 or 2.6.0-test1, the OS doesnt seem to see the controller,
(no error messages), and you get down to a point where you are trying to
mount the disk partitions, and you get error messages saying /dev/hde does
not exist.

What changed?
Do I need an additional config line of some sort (Ive looked but dont see
anything?)
More details if necessary.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens