hi, this is a bug report?! with the linux kernel 2.4.22-pre8 from bk as of this day I get short stalls about 5 to 8 seconds resulting in nothing happening with my machine at all. (right now it happenend, but I can still type this) the kernel reports the following two messages: hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x64 hda: DMA interrupt recovery hda: lost interrupt ... hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x64 hda: DMA interrupt recovery hda: lost interrupt hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x64 hda: DMA interrupt recovery hda: lost interrupt hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x64 hda: DMA interrupt recovery hda: lost interrupt and so on. so maybe this helps you find an error in the kernel. best wishes, axel siebenwirth P.S. I attached gzipped dmesg and .config