From: Apurva Mehta <apurva@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Random Oopses on 2.6.0-test1-mm2
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:08:11 +0530	[thread overview]

* Felipe Alfaro Solana <felipe_alfaro@linuxmail.org> [26-07-2003 14:44]:
> On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 09:18, Apurva Mehta wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I get random oopses while using 2.6.0-test1-mm2. I have attached the
> > oops message and also the ksymoops output. I get the same behaviour
> > with the 08int patch applied also. The OOPs message attached was
> > obtained on a 2.6.0-test1-mm2-08int.
>
> Please, try the following patch...

Yes, that seems to have fixed the problem. So far, I see a definite
improvement over the vanilla 2.6.0-test1.

But Ingo's patch made the vanilla 2.6.0-test1 awesome under really
heavy load. I basically was compiling 2.6.0-test1-mm2-O8 from scratch
and the system was (almost) as responsive as if there was no load, with
no audio skipping. That was the first real improvement I have seen
over the vanilla 2.4.21... Will keep you'll posted at how
2.6.0-test1-mm2-O8int compares..

	- Apurva