From: "Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap@osdl.org>
To: Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>
Cc: torvalds@osdl.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [TRIVIAL] kill annoying submenus in fs/Kconfig
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:09:03 -0700	[thread overview]

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:55:44 +0200 Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com> wrote:

| Patch against -bk3.
|
| --

Let me begin by saying that I find the menu arrangement (both before
and after this patch) highly subjective.

I.e., there's not necessarily a right or wrong. (RR:)
I.e., in the absence of further input, some maintainer can decide.  :)

Given the above:
I prefer short menus.  I find them more readable, with less clutter.
So I don't mind them the way that they currently are.

OTOH, I don't care strongly either way.  I think that we should
care more about how non-developers use and see 'make *config'
than how kernel developers use and see it.

--
~Randy
| http://developer.osdl.org/rddunlap/ | http://www.xenotime.net/linux/ |