* [kernel 2.6.0-test1: Fails to load anymodules
@ 2003-07-27  7:22 Manjunathan Padua Yellappan
From: Manjunathan Padua Yellappan @ 2003-07-27  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: manjunathan_py

 Hi Folks,
   Thanks for all, for assisting me in solving the
 kernel booting problem.

  Now I am encountering another problem, after
 successful compilation/installation/booting of kernel
 2.6.0-test1 , the modules are not loading at all ,
 even after installing the latest version of
 "module-init-tools-0.9.13-pre" .

 Below given the error message that is display during
 booting time, when kernel checks for the hardware !

 "XT3 FS on hda9, internal journal
 Adding 538136k swap on /dev/hda10.  Priority:-1
 extents:1
 kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 warning: process `update' used the obsolete bdflush
 system call
 Fix your initscripts?
 warning: process `update' used the obsolete bdflush
 system call
 Fix your initscripts?
 kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 module_upgrade: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 module_upgrade: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.
 module_upgrade: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.
 kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 updfstab: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete.
 updfstab: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.
 updfstab: numerical sysctl 1 49 is obsolete.
 kudzu: numerical sysctl 1 23 is obsolete."

 Because of this, my sound card, D-link FM radio and
 other periperal don't work.

 Further when I execut the new lsmod command. Module
 list is displayed empty.

 I appreciate any asistance on this !

 Thanks,
 Manjunathan PY

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

* Re: [kernel 2.6.0-test1: Fails to load anymodules
@ 2003-07-27  9:05 ` Matias Alejo Garcia
From: Matias Alejo Garcia @ 2003-07-27  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manjunathan Padua Yellappan; +Cc: Kernel

Hi Manjunathan,
	The new module-tools uses /etc/modprobe.conf instead of
/etc/modules.conf, so you need to upgrade your old configuration. There
is a script for that @ the module-init web.

	Also, I have installed 'module-init-tools version 0.9.11a'
for 2.6.0t1.(you can check the installed version with modprobe -V)

	Hope this helps,
matías

@ 2003-07-28 12:11   ` Manjunathan Padua Yellappan
From: Manjunathan Padua Yellappan @ 2003-07-28 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)