From: Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>
To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [TRIVIAL] use ext2/ext3 consistently in Kconfig
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:23:21 +0200	[thread overview]

> [alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk]
>
> It is called ext3 not ext2. This change is dubious (actually the big
> problem is it is totally unclear what we are discussing the name of.
> How about
>
>   Ext3 is the journalling versions of the second extended file system
> (ext2). Ext2 was the former de-facto standard Linux file system. Ext3
> uses the same on disk layout but with a journal.

I already posted a patch that read:

+         Ext3 is a journaling version of the Second extended fs
+         (or just ext2fs), the de facto standard Linux filesystem
+         (method to organize files on a storage device) for block
+         devices such as hard disk partitions.

I can resend with your version, though we have an almost perfect match
as far as the first clause goes. :)

--
Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>