* RE: bug alpha configure linux-2.6.0-test1
@ 2003-07-29 15:46 Oliver Pitzeier
From: Oliver Pitzeier @ 2003-07-29 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WHarms, linux-kernel

Hi Walter!

> i tried the new linux-2.6.0-test1 with my alpha and the
> config says:
>
> ./scripts/kconfig/mconf arch/alpha/Kconfig
> boolean symbol BINFMT_ZFLAT tested for 'm'? test forced to 'n'
> #
> # using defaults found in arch/alpha/defconfig
> #
> arch/alpha/defconfig:244: trying to assign nonexistent symbol
> SCSI_NCR53C8XX

You are still hanging around with -test1? :) Give -test2 a try! It runs's great for me, but -test1 did also... But we talk about this already...

Best regards,
 Oliver

* Re: bug alpha configure linux-2.6.0-test1
@ 2003-07-30 12:11 ` Jan-Benedict Glaw
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw @ 2003-07-30 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Tue, 2003-07-29 17:46:05 +0200, Oliver Pitzeier <oliver@linux-kernel.at>
wrote in message <200307291544.h6TFicBV004820@indianer.linux-kernel.at>:
> Hi Walter!
> > arch/alpha/defconfig:244: trying to assign nonexistent symbol
> > SCSI_NCR53C8XX
>
> You are still hanging around with -test1? :) Give -test2 a try! It runs's great for me, but -test1 did also... But we talk about this already...

-test1 didn't compile for me (asm/local.h missing IIRC), but indeed,
-test2 works quite well on my NoName.

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));

* Re: bug alpha configure linux-2.6.0-test1
@ 2003-07-20 22:15   ` Adrian Bunk
From: Adrian Bunk @ 2003-07-20 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eugene Teo; +Cc: Walter Harms, linux-kernel

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 10:07:34AM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
> Perhaps you might want to first copy your dotconfig
> to /path/to/linux-version/ then run make menuconfig,
> then save it, then compile it.
>
> > boolean symbol BINFMT_ZFLAT tested for 'm'? test forced to 'n'
>
> This means that it is a new boolean symbol that your
> config don't have.

Nope, there is a bug (a Kconfig rule tried to assign m to a boolean
symbol). Matthew Wilcox already posted a fix.

> > arch/alpha/defconfig:244: trying to assign nonexistent symbol SCSI_NCR53C8XX
>
> I believe this is a symbol that exists in your config
> but the kernel doesn't have this in the menu anymore.

It exists in _defconfig_.

defconfig in the kernel sources should be updated. Besides the warning
this issue is harmless.

> Eugene

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

* Re: bug alpha configure linux-2.6.0-test1
@ 2003-07-20  2:07 ` Eugene Teo
From: Eugene Teo @ 2003-07-20  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Walter Harms; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2003-07-19 19:59 Walter Harms