* RAW or BLK in 2.4.21
@ 2003-08-01 10:24 ooyama eiichi
From: ooyama eiichi @ 2003-08-01 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi.
I am developping a block device kernel module in 2.4 series.
And i want to make a distinction between raw I/O and block I/O,
in the request function i wrote for my module.
But i could not find the way.

my_request_fn(request_queue_t *q, int rw, struct buffer_head * bh)

Is it possible ?
I would be happy if someone give me a hint about this.

Regards.

* Re: RAW or BLK in 2.4.21
@ 2003-08-01 10:27 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2003-08-01 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ooyama eiichi; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, Aug 01 2003, ooyama eiichi wrote:
> Hi.
> I am developping a block device kernel module in 2.4 series.
> And i want to make a distinction between raw I/O and block I/O,
> in the request function i wrote for my module.
> But i could not find the way.
>
> my_request_fn(request_queue_t *q, int rw, struct buffer_head * bh)
>
> Is it possible ?
> I would be happy if someone give me a hint about this.

No, it is not possible to tell the difference inside your request_fn.

--
Jens Axboe

* Re: RAW or BLK in 2.4.21
@ 2003-08-01 14:49   ` ooyama eiichi
From: ooyama eiichi @ 2003-08-01 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: axboe; +Cc: linux-kernel

Thanks Axboe.
hmm, it is that i have to look at the design again.

eiichi