On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 05:02:28PM +0200, Michael Hunold wrote: > Hello Manuel, > > I've applied your patches > - request_firmware_own-workqueue.diff > - sysfs-bin-unbreak.diff > > and it's working very well for the av7110 DVB driver. > > I hope that these patches are applied to the mainline kernel soon, so > the other DVB drivers which need binary firmware blobs (namely > dvb-ttusb-dec, dvb-ttusb-budget and one frontend driver) can be ported. > > This will get rid of the av7110 firmware in the kernel and the ugly > config hacks to get the other drivers working. In it's current form request_firmware_async() sleeps way too long on the system's shared workqueue, which make it unresponsive until the firmware load finishes or gets canceled. The attached patch makes it use it's own workqueue, please apply. Have a nice day Manuel PS: the sysfs issue is handled in a separate email. -- --- Manuel Estrada Sainz ------------------------ ------------------- Let us have the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference.