* advansys.c problems in 2.6.0-test2
@ 2003-08-02 13:46 Gene Heskett
From: Gene Heskett @ 2003-08-02 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Greetings;

As suggested earlier, I've made the scsi support a module so
that the rest of the system can boot, and the errant scsi
driver then modprobed in.

During the compile, these warnings are issued:
--
  CC [M]  drivers/i2c/i2c-sensor.o
drivers/i2c/i2c-sensor.c: In function `i2c_detect':

However, after the bootup, an attempt to 'modprobe advansys'
will first do a bus reset, then find the tape drive as usual,
and then hang the process while attempting another bus reset.
Occasionally, not everytime, it will output a message about
a bad pointer.

And the scsi stuff I can't do without.  I have sent a msg
to what used to be advansys, but have not rx'd a reply as
its the weekend for 9-5 types.

This driver has been best described as bulletproof up till
now.

How should I proceed?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-02 13:46 UTC | newest]