From: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
To: Bernd Porr <Bernd.Porr@cn.stir.ac.uk>
Cc: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, comedi@comedi.org
Subject: Re: compiling external kernel modules (comedi.org)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 01:05:53 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 02:10:24PM +0100, Bernd Porr wrote:
> Sam,
>
> how can I include the "legal way" includes for comedi? Just now comedi
> has set up a "linux/include" path in its directory but I think this not
> the elegant way and it also dosn't work right now.
I have not tried this, but specifying the include path relative to the
directory where the .c file is placed should do the trick.
So if you have:
comedi/
include/
And execute "make -C ...." within the comedi/ directory, the statement:
EXTRA_CFLAGS := -I$(obj)/../include
in the Makefile should do the trick.

> /Bernd
> P.S.: I'm subscribed...
But I'm not - getting these:

Subject: Your message to comedi awaits moderator approval

My point was not to cc: the comedi ML, since potential repliers (like me)
get these kind of replies.

	Sam