On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 01:22:51AM -0400, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote: > > > It works now by disabling CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_SYNAPTICS > > > > > > > err, that's a bug isn't it? > > I've had a hard time following the saga behind the synaptics code. I know > there is some external thing you have to download but never got round to > doing it. I'll give that a go now too with CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_SYNAPTICS. > Colour me lazy... I really don't understand the point behind the synaptics code. I would have imagined it to be an extension to the generic PS/2 code that would finally allow me to use my 'scroll buttons' on my trackpad, but it has caused nothing but problems. and I'm also kind of a console jockey so I really need GPM working, which is why i'm always booting with psmouse_noext these days... -Josh -- Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef. -- Tom Robbins