* Security Patches
@ 2003-08-01 14:28 Christoph Pleger
From: Christoph Pleger @ 2003-08-01 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux-adm

Hello,

In the last few days I read some security advisories about security
patches for Linux Kernels of the 2.4-series which have been published by
various distributors.

Does anybody know of a URL where such fixes for the stable Kernel 2.4.21
can be found? The best place would be a place where always actual kernel
security fixes can be found and where, if the patches are already
integrated into the kernel, it contains no other differences from the
stable release.

Thanks
  Christoph

* Re: Security Patches
@ 2003-08-01 14:36 ` Marc-Christian Petersen
From: Marc-Christian Petersen @ 2003-08-01 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Pleger, linux-kernel, linux-adm

On Friday 01 August 2003 16:28, Christoph Pleger wrote:

Hi Christoph,

> In the last few days I read some security advisories about security
> patches for Linux Kernels of the 2.4-series which have been published by
> various distributors.
> Does anybody know of a URL where such fixes for the stable Kernel 2.4.21
> can be found? The best place would be a place where always actual kernel
> security fixes can be found and where, if the patches are already
> integrated into the kernel, it contains no other differences from the
> stable release.
please go to: http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4

and browse the changesets. You should see 1. the security fixes, 2. the
description and 3. the patch itself.

ciao, Marc

* Re: Security Patches
@ 2003-08-02 14:07   ` mdew
From: mdew @ 2003-08-02 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc-Christian Petersen; +Cc: Christoph Pleger, lkml, linux-adm

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 02:36, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2003 16:28, Christoph Pleger wrote:
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> > In the last few days I read some security advisories about security
> > patches for Linux Kernels of the 2.4-series which have been published by
> > various distributors.
> > Does anybody know of a URL where such fixes for the stable Kernel 2.4.21
> > can be found? The best place would be a place where always actual kernel
> > security fixes can be found and where, if the patches are already
> > integrated into the kernel, it contains no other differences from the
> > stable release.
> please go to: http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4

talking of which, is http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5 dead? a week
with absolutely no changes?

--
mdew <mdew@mdew.dyndns.org>

* Re: Security Patches
@ 2003-08-04  7:19   ` Christoph Pleger
From: Christoph Pleger @ 2003-08-04  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:36:45 +0200
Marc-Christian Petersen <m.c.p@wolk-project.de> wrote:

> On Friday 01 August 2003 16:28, Christoph Pleger wrote:
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> > In the last few days I read some security advisories about security
> > patches for Linux Kernels of the 2.4-series which have been
> > published by various distributors.
> > Does anybody know of a URL where such fixes for the stable Kernel
> > 2.4.21 can be found? The best place would be a place where always
> > actual kernel security fixes can be found and where, if the patches
> > are already integrated into the kernel, it contains no other
> > differences from the stable release.
> please go to: http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4

I tried to load that page several times and always got error 131:
Connection reset by peer.

Christoph