From: Yaroslav Halchenko <yoh@onerussian.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: bogomips calibration failed
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 13:55:50 -0400	[thread overview]

Dear All,

I came up with a new problem on my new P IV box running 2.6-test3 now
(problem existed before also on test2 kernels)

First I had problem with APIC but it seems it is (I hope) resolved now
though it might be not true cause when I run bogomips after machine is
already up but not loaded with any task it fails to calibrate to compute
bogomips. If I load machine with lets say kernel compilation or
distributed-net then it says some bogomips - around 1600 when on boot
for each "logical" processor it states around 4719.

configuration and some dumps are available from
http://www.onerussian.com/bogo/

dmesg seems to don't state any failed boot of the driver.

Thank you in advance for giving me a hint where to look.

                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]