On Saturday 16 August 2003 00:51, Greg KH wrote: > On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 10:00:51PM +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote: > > Attached is patch against 2.6.0-test1 that adds type_name to all in-tree > > sensors; it sets it to the same values as corr. 2.4 senors and (in one > > case) changes client name to match that of 2.4. > > > > Assuming this patch (or variant thereof) is accepted I can then produce > > libsensors patch that will easily reuse current sensors.conf. I have > > already done it for gkrellm and as Mandrake is going to include 2.6 in > > next release sensors support becomes more of an issue. > > I like this idea, but now that the name logic has changed in the i2c > code, care to re-do this patch? Just set the name field instead of > creating a new file in sysfs. > something like attached patch? I like it as well :) note that in 2.6.0-test3 name in sysfs is empty. I had to add a chunk to i2c-core to at least test my patch. or may be I misunderstood how client->name is used. regards -andrey