Hi, I had similar problems with the ACPI IRQ routing, too. For me everything worked fine if I used acpi=off. I didn't see your results trying this... If this works you may be interested in the attached patch which also makes pci=noacpi work for me! I'd be interested in your results with the patch... Best regards Thomas Schlichter On Thursday 21 August 2003 11:57, Wes Janzen wrote: > Hi again! > > OK, finally managed to boot, though I had to disable USB and ISAPNP to > do that. I couldn't get it to work until I disabled ISA PNP in the > build menu. > > Even without ISAPNP I had trouble. I tried nousb on its own, which did > not work. I had to use both pci=noacpi, nolapic, noapic and nousb. Now > I don't know if I HAD to use the apic ones, but it probably doesn't > matter since my box isn't capable anyway. I just wanted it to boot > because it takes a while for those Promise cards to detect the drives. > > Finally it would boot, but then I lose a lot without usb. Oddly, IRQ 5 > is freed with both nousb AND pci=noacpi. That was not the case with > just pci=noacpi or just nousb. But then maybe that isn't so odd since > the USB card sucks up 3 irqs. With just pci=noacpi I made it several > lines farther. Instead of "mice: PS/2 mouse device...", I got to see > "hub 1-0:0: new USB device on port2, assigned address 2", which was > proceeded by some ACPI message that also said something (IIRC) about > states S4 and S5. Usually it only says something about C1 and C2. > > Anyway, for what it's worth, here's cat /proc/interrupts: > CPU0 > 0: 199807 XT-PIC timer > 1: 822 XT-PIC i8042 > 2: 0 XT-PIC cascade > 7: 1 XT-PIC parport0 > 8: 2 XT-PIC rtc > 9: 7 XT-PIC acpi, eth0 > 11: 7631 XT-PIC ide2, ide3 > 12: 70 XT-PIC ide4, ide5 > 14: 1 XT-PIC ide0 > NMI: 0 > LOC: 0 > ERR: 0 > MIS: 0 > > I've attached lspic -vv and boot.msg this time rather than include them in. > > Sure would be nice to get mm3 working with those reiserfs fixes...I > guess I'll just hand patch for now. Sure beats the rebuild-tree I have > to do every 5 days or so ;-) > > Thanks, > > Wes