Am Sunday 24 August 2003 22:54 schrieb David van Hoose: > Kevin P. Fleming wrote: > > Peter Lieverdink wrote: > >> When I enable ACPI on 2.6.0-test4 (also on 2.6.0-test3-*), the kernel no > >> longer recognises my IDE controller and drops down to PIO mode for > >> harddisk access. Additionally, USB devices don't get detected. > > > > I'm running -test4 here with ACPI and have no trouble with USB devices. > > I'm running test4 here with ACPI and have no USB following a call trace > with "IRQ 20: nobody cared". ACPI seems to make odd reports. I've been > having this problem since 2.5.70'ish. Posted numerous times, but nobody > seems to care about it. I also have a PS/2 mouse detection when I have > no mice attached to my system. > > >> The system is an Athlon 2400+ on a Gibabyte GA-7VAXP mainboard. (KT400) > > > > My system is an Athlon 1000 on an MSI KT266-based board. > > I have a Pentium 4 2.53 GHz on a Asus P4S8X mainboard. > > -David > > PS. dmesg is attached with ACPI debug and USB debug enabled. I had similar problems with my Epox 8K9A (KT400) Board. If I wanted to use my USB ports I had to boot wiht 'acpi=off'. But with the patch attached it is possible for me to boot with 'pci=noacpi'. It has the advantage that ACPI stays enabled... You are free to give it a try... Thomas