From: Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk>
To: Norman Diamond <ndiamond@wta.att.ne.jp>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Bad serio/atkbd configuration possible (was: Re: Compilation errors in 2.6.0-test4, serial as modules)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:52:18 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:46:17PM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:
> The boot-time errors in 2.6.0-test1 through test3, and then in test4 after I
> changed the keyboard stuff back from "m" to "y", are that module serial is
> not found.  These are not serio, but serial.  As far as I can tell, the
> serial stuff other than keyboard and mouse are still modules, so I don't
> know what is not being found.  Those messages scroll off the screen very
> quickly during boot, and they don't get logged, so I can't report them
> exactly.

If they were serial (as in ttyS0) then you're not giving me much to go
on to work out what's up, so I'm afraid I can't take very much action
to solve your problem.

> One other message that I've seen during boot is that boot logging is
> disabled because the console doesn't differ from the console.  I don't
> exactly understand this one either, but it's sure telling the truth about
> disabling boot logging.

I don't understand that either.  I'm not aware of there being any such
message in the kernel source.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux