On 2003-08-26T10:22:57, Mike Fedyk said: > Is there any way to get it working on one partition, or does it require at > least two backing store block (an actual physical disk) devices that a bunch > of loop devices point to? (I'm thinking of the raid[15] case). md will work just fine - although with much reduced performance - if setup on top of partitions on the same disk. If all you have is a single physical disk, you can create the loop devices accordingly. For multipath testing, I have used LVM logical volumes + loop devices to simulate such, or used UML and fed it with a bunch of block devices (LVs or loop devices) from the host. (The mp-test.sh script actually knows how to create arbitary numbers of loop devices for multipath testing, which in turn uncovered a bug in our loop handling, which axboe took care of...) Sincerely, Lars Marowsky-Brée -- High Availability & Clustering ever tried. ever failed. no matter. SuSE Labs try again. fail again. fail better. Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG -- Samuel Beckett