* Con Kolivas [29-08-2003 15:26]: > Small error in the just interactive logic has been corrected. > > Idle tasks get one higher priority than just interactive so they don't get > swamped under heavy load. > > Cosmetic cleanup. > > Patch against 2.6.0-test4-mm2 I am using it against 2.6.0-test4-mm3-1. I get quite severe music skipping while scrolling a relatively light website (slashdot) on Firebird even when there is no other load. I am attaching some of the numbers I captured during while there was skipping going on. I am also attaching the script I used to capture the numbers. A long skip occured during the first few seconds of the test (while scrolling the website). In the remaining time I opened emacs and then switched to kghostview (which had been idle for a long time and looked like it had to be brought out of swap ie.. there was a relatively long delay before I could use it). The sound did not skip again. Apart from the above incident, this patch feels better as compared to O16.3int. Keep up the good work.. Regards, - Apurva