From: Mr Amit Patel <patelamitv@yahoo.com>
To: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: as_arq scheduler alloc with 2.6.0-test8-mm1
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:59:35 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Hi Andrew,

The qlogic driver is for Fibre Channel HBA QLA2342.
This is a beta driver which is part of the mjb1 patch
against 2.6.0-test8. As a part of driver insmod,
driver tries to find fiber channel device and maps it
to scsi block device. Actually I don't have any fibre
channel target attached, so driver does not find any
scsi devices and discovery finishes without adding any
block device.

I am trying to go through driver scsi_scan process and
see when does actual allocation from as_arq happens.
But for some reason after going to kgdb I get SIGEMT
and I cannot debug further. What is causing SIGEMT
cause after doing some search looks like its actually
SIGUSR but linux treats it as SIGEMT. Is there any way
to prevent SIGEMT when I want to use kgdb ?

Thanks for your help,