* kernel floating point emulation for big endian arm?
@ 2003-11-03 10:51 Martin Zwickel
From: Martin Zwickel @ 2003-11-03 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi there!

Is there a working version of kernel floating point emulation for big endian
arm?

The version I currently use is 2.4.21-pre5 and fp emu doesn't work
correctly I think.

Regards,
Martin

--
MyExcuse:
The MGs ran out of gas.

Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@technotrend.de>
Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>

* Re: kernel floating point emulation for big endian arm?
@ 2003-11-03 11:20 ` Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2003-11-03 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Zwickel; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:51:34AM +0100, Martin Zwickel wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Is there a working version of kernel floating point emulation for big endian
> arm?
>
> The version I currently use is 2.4.21-pre5 and fp emu doesn't work
> correctly I think.

nwfpe is correctly implemented for big endian.  Most likely is that
your library doesn't know how to crrectly handle the ARM floating
point implementation.

You might also consider taking this to the linux-arm mailing list
at lists.arm.linux.org.uk.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/

* Re: kernel floating point emulation for big endian arm?
@ 2003-11-03 11:34   ` Martin Zwickel
From: Martin Zwickel @ 2003-11-03 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell King; +Cc: linux-kernel