On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:54:29 EST, "Richard B. Johnson" said: > No. don't you think I look things up in a dictionary before I > write a definition? > > The Webster's "New Collegiate Dictionary", 150th Anniversary > Edition clearly states; > > 1. EXAMPLE, PATTERN;esp: an outstandingly clear or typical > example or archetype. The current prevailing paradigm is that words mean what convention says they mean, not what the dictionary says. You got as much chance of reclaiming that word as you do "hacker". ;)