Alles, I have a new P4 Hyperthreading PC that I have installed RedHat9 on. I am trying to add some features to my kernel (e.g. NTFS read support, crypto api, etc.) but when I build my new 2.4.22 kernel with CONFIG_SMP=y set then reboot, I am seeing only one processor in /proc/cpuinfo. When I boot with my stock RH9 2.4.20-20.9smp kernel I see two virtual processors show up in /proc/cpuinfo. I've even build a 2.4.22 kernel with the config-2.4.20-20.9smp configuration that came with RH9. I build with the straightforward 'make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install' command. Is this correct? Am I missing a step to build a smp kernel for hyper threading? Your help would be most appreciated. Job